.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Time to Say Goodbye

Time to Say Goodbye

,

“When you are through changing, you are through.” â€" Bruce Barton

I’m a big fan of change. I’ve come to embrace it over time, as that has allowed me to remain as consistent as possible with my productivity no matter what comes my way. So when I’m faced with having to deal with a changing environment, workflow, or the like, I’m better equipped to take a good hard look at what’s going on and make a more informed decision on what to do.

I was faced with such a situation in September, and had to look at making a change. And after looking at all thatt was going on in my life, I came to the decision that it was time to say goodbye to the position of Managing Editor at Lifehack.

This wasn’t a decision I came to lightly…by any means. There were a number of factors that led to my decision, but the primary one was that my obligations were getting out of whack. I wasn’t doing my best as a stay-at-home father as my own projects and my responsibilities at Lifehack were expanding to the point of overwhelm. So, as I’d done before when facing work-based decisions, I weighed everything. And the results were what I expected: I had to make a shift in my work life.

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my time at Lifehack. I’ve worked with some great contributors and a great guy (and friend) in CM Smith. Leon Ho and the entire Stepcase team have also been great (and were gracious enough to let me post this farewell here, for which I am grateful).

What’s next for me?

First off, I’m going to spend some time over the next couple of weeks just refocusing my efforts on being a better stay-at-home father. I’ll be working on my own blog and that kind of stuff â€" as well as wrap up my book â€" but the majority of my time will be spent playing with my kids and populating Basil with recipes that will make me more efficient and effective in the kitchen.

I’ve also got a lot of irons in the fire right now and I’m looking forward to seeing them through to completion faster than I’d been able to deliver before. I’m also going to take on other assignments throughout the process, so I’m sure you’ll see my name pop up on other sites quite regularly â€" and I will still write for Lifehack every once in a while.

I am, after all, a writer and a “productivityist”.

What’s next for Lifehack?

Over the last month I’ve been working with Lifehack’s new Product Manager, Brian Lee, in getting him up to speed with the goings-on here. He’s worked behind the scenes with Stepcase in the past, so that knowledge and experience will serve him â€" and Lifehack readers â€" well.

There’s also a new Contributing Editor coming on board â€" and it’s a name that should be very familiar to Lifehack readers. Royale Scuderi is joining the Lifehack team to assist Brian in running the content aspect of the Lifehack blog. She’s been a contributing writer to the blog for some time now, and Lifehack readers will be hearing a lot more from her now that she’s a member of the editorial team.

“Continuity gives us roots; change gives us branches, letting us stretch and grow and reach new heights.” â€" Pauline R. Kezer

I have learned a lot during my time at Lifehack; it has been a rewarding experience. I thank everyone involved with the site â€" the Stepcase team, the contributors, and the Lifehack readers â€" for everything over the last year and a bit. I look forward to seeing you elsewhere on the Internet and I also look forward to seeing where Lifehack is headed.

Lifehack has been a fun ride for me â€" and the ride goes on.

  •  by Disney (1403)  Buy new:$  0.99 2 used & newfrom$  0.99

    Where's My Perry?

    by Disney 4.5 out of 5 stars (1403) Buy new: $ 0.99 2 used & new from $ 0.99


  •  by Amazon (5968)  Buy new:$  50.00

    Amazon Gift Card - E-mail - All Occasions

    by Amazon 4.6 out of 5 stars (5968) Buy new: $ 50.00


  •  by POWERGEN 214 days in the top 100 (697)  Buy new:$  29.99$  9.99

    PowerGen Dual USB Port 2A 10w (fast) Heavy Duty Ouput Car Charger - White

    by POWERGEN Ranking has gone up in the past 24 hours 214 days in the top 100 4.5 out of 5 stars (697) Buy new: $ 29.99 $ 9.99


  •  by PanDigital 418 days in the top 100 (458)  Buy new:$  299.99$  59.95 6 used & newfrom$  54.99

    PanDigital 72-70FW 7-Inch Tablet Computer - White

    by PanDigital Ranking has gone down in the past 24 hours 418 days in the top 100 3.2 out of 5 stars (458) Buy new: $ 299.99 $ 59.95 6 used & new from $ 54.99


  • 0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     
     
    Copyright © depizza